Alas, my years of dressing up and buying accessories have come to use. (Mother, I did not waste money)
10 tips & tricks to go from Drab to Fab!
- Add a statement bag: Yes, I know what are you thinking. What’s so special about this tip? It’s special when you can style it with not just any luxury bag but a colourful hand crafted bag with unique prints and colours that’ll make your Monday Blues go away.
Picture Courtesy: 2 AM Store
2. Try the Top Knot: Yup, that hair you do at home in your PJ’s is an excellent hair do for a day out at brunch.
3. Belt It Up: No no no, less is more! Ignore the old gordy big buckle belts and go for a simple belt and make heads turn.
4. Statement Jewellery: Yes, more is best here! Nothing like a big or colourful necklace over a simple outfit to make it look fab!
5. Pumps: Hot Red Pumps with an all black outfit can never go wrong, channel your inner Andrea Sachs post her makeover.
Yes, it was a Devil Wears Prada reference.
6. Joey & Pooh Hair Accessories: Nothing like a beautiful headpiece over your outfit to make heads turn.
Psssttt….Blair Waldorf would approve!
7. Blazer: Polish your look for that important meeting with a casual tshirt and a kick- ass blazer.
You go girl !
8. Try Sheer: Light pastel shades or a dark black sheer top over a spaghetti or a sexy inner would make you look bomb.
I wore the same top in a nude colour for a casual meeting and had a lot of head turns, plus the long sleeves make you feel like a fairy!
9. Apple Red or Orange Lips: Simple outfit with a lipstick as your accessory!
I absolutely love Estee Lauder products, this red is perfect for your night out in town or a casual brunch with a simpler look.
10. Pajamas: Yup, you heard me.
Pair your pajamas with your casual looks and make it an outfit that no one could’ve thought of!
In Picture: Sara Ali Khan
Those are pajamas, why don’t you try and style yours?
Last but not the least, just be yourself and wear whatever you want to. We love our Blair Waldrof as well as Jessica from New Girl, because happy girls are the prettiest!
Have more inputs? Tell us in the comments below 🙂
Don’t you hate it when you go to the beach but you don’t have the bag to match your outfit? Beach Bags are an essential part of any holiday wardrobe and something we are sure to pack when we’re getting ready for a few days of beach sun fun! If you like pom poms, tassels, classic straw or if you prefer something sturdy, don’t worry we at wabisabi have got you covered and have compiled a list of Beach Bags to inspire you and get you beach ready!
LA PERLA ‘Beach’ bag
6 Shore Road Beach Bag
Emilio Pucci Lance Printed Canvas Beach Tote Bag
Sam Edelma Sierra Straw Beach Tote
Flora Bella Neptune Pompom Beach Tote Bag
Stella McCartney Horses Beach Bag
DOLCE & GABBANA Dolce Box embellished rattan shoulder bag
Saint Laurent Beige Large Beach Tote
Melissa Odabash Marrakesh Large Beach Tote
Flora Bella Fes Macrame Fringe Beach Tote Bag
1) Watch: To add that oomph factor to any look. The perfect watch is a must! Though everyone is now moving towards the digital watch we at WabiSabiLuxury find a winding watch very romantic.
If you are looking to invest in a new watch might we suggest: the Rolex or the Breitling
2) Sunglasses: The sun is out & now it’s the perfect time to find a great pair of shades. The most important thing before buying a pair of glasses is determining your face shape whether it is round, oblong, square, triangular or oval. Once you have figured out your face shape, next step is picking glasses that will compliment your features.
If you are planning to buy a new pair of shades, make sure that you buy either Ray Ban or Barkley.
3) Belt: Whether it is a casual wear or a formal wear, a look isn’t complete without one thing i.e. Belt. Be it a job interview or an important business meeting where you can’t really show off your wardrobe, a good belt is enough to show off your fashion credentials. They could be worn with jeans, chinos, shorts and trousers, makes it one of the important things every man should have in his closet.
No brands comes close to Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana when it comes to men’s belt.
4) Wallet: How about keeping the one who makes it affordable for you to look stylish at a classy place? Yes, we are talking about money here. How about having a neat, stylish & classy place for all the credit cards, atm cards, visiting cards, identity cards you own? If you’ve had the same wallet since ages, perhaps it is time to invest in something a little more elegant & presentable.
There are a lot of wallet brands in the market right now but Coach & Hermes are our picks.
5) Cuff Links: Cuff links is an often ignored element of style amongst men. A man can give his look an edge over others at workplace or even at the parties or events by simply having classy cuff links around his wrists.
Finding an attractive yet simple cufflink is a tough job. So we are trying to make it easier for you guys with our picks.
6) Pocket Square: Pocket Square adds a sense of gentlemanism to a man’s outfit. Pocket squares are often not given as much importance as it should get. The fabric of pocket square should look rich & depending on your look, there are different ways to fold a pocket square to match your mood.
If you are looking for a perfect pocket square, make sure that it’s Alexander Olch.
7) Bag: All the men out there, keep your style game on point and just like your t-shirts & shirts, have a collection of different bags can be carried anywhere to enhance your look. Why spending so much effort to look sharp only to ruin it all with an average-looking bag? Be it a lavish leather bag for office or a funky bag to college, add that little extra to your look.
Here are our favourite strap bags that will never fail to grab people’s attention. It’s time to look sharper.
8) Scarf: A lot of men think that scarves are for ladies & they avoid even being in the 100 meter radius of the scarves section in the malls. Men need to understand that it does not only keep your neck warm but a simple rectangle of fabric could do wonders to your overall look.
You could get scarves anywhere with different big as well as local brands but these are our personal favourites.
9) Pen: We understand that digitalization has replaced mobiles with pens & there is no need of a pen to note down anything but will a mobile phone ever replace the man’s look that a fountain pain in his shirt pocket gives? We don’t think so.
Have a look at these fountain pens which will perfectly fit into your shirt pockets & enhance your overall look.
10) Socks: The best thing about socks is that you are allowed to experiment with them with the least amount of risk of someone noticing your experiment. When it comes to formal wears, socks add a simplicity to your look.
We hope we covered your favorite accessory, if not tells us in the comments section below.
A classic designer bag is what most women dream of. Each person has their own wish-list of the bags she would like to invest in. For 2017 we at wabisabiluxury have compiled our own list. Let’s hope at least 1-2 of these make it to our closet ASAP!
1) Chanel Classic Flap Bag
If you are going to buy only 1 bag this year. Look no further. The Chanel Classic Flap Bag is it!
Available in four sizes – small, medium/large, jumbo and maxi – buying the Classic Flap is one of the most reliable investments you could make.
Classic Chanel bag is the desire of every woman. It goes with any cocktail party or you can use it as office purse.
2) Hermes Birkin
A celebrity favourite.
Each Birkin bag is handmade in France by one single artisan, and can take up to 18 hours to complete, from start to finish. They come in sizes 25, 30, 35, and 40, and two travel sizes, 50, and 55, as measured in centimeters, and in a variety of leathers and skins. Each season, new colours are introduced, as well as some limited edition ones.
3) Louis Vuitton Neverfull
The ultimate travel tote available in various sizes and different prints & colours. The Neverfull is a simple and understated tote style bag. It’s a versatile bag that can be folded in at the sides to create a different shape and is also completely reversible!
4) Classic Medium Kate Monogram Saint Laurent Tassel Satchel
Perfect for formal nights out, this Saint Laurent Tassel Satchel bears the iconic YSL emblem, making it both eye-catching and understated all at the same time.
5) Celine Luggage Tote
Although a classic design in appearance, this Celine bag was created in 2010 and wasn’t immediately a huge hit. Sizes Currently Available, Smallest to Largest: Nano, Micro, Mini, Medium Phantom, Large Phantom
6) Chloe Drew Bag
Chloe can do no wrong! This gorgeous bag comes in many colors and polishes off a casual or dressed up look. it instantly elevates any outfit and gives the simplest looks a chic, ladylike vibe.
7) Givenchy Antigona Duffel
You’ll never go wrong with the Antigona Duffel bag! This structured bag can be worn for almost every occasion With loads of colors and contrast, you really can’t go wrong.
Crafted in Italy from immaculate black leather with a hard-wearing canvas lining, this structured design has more than enough space for your work or weekend essentials, along with a multitude of pockets to keep smaller items in check. Carry it by the top handles or optional shoulder strap.
8) Lady Dior
The Lady Dior was created in 1994 with the sole purpose of becoming a classic – and it succeeded, helped along by Princess Diana. Available in a variety of colours and fabrics each season, and in mini, standard and large sizes,
Dior charms on their bags attracts a lot of attention too folks!
9) Knot Clutch – Bottega Veneta
A luxurious combination of textures perfectly complements the elegant, rounded shape of the Knot clutch. Based on an archival design, reintroduced in 2001, the Knot is a masterpiece of design and artisanal craftsmanship. Each interpretation reconfirms the irresistible beauty and timeless charm of this iconic bag. “Discretion, quality, and unsurpassed craftsmanship,” is how Bottega Veneta elegantly describes its aesthetic. A team of artisans, based at an atelier in the Italian town of Montebello Vicentino, is at the heart of each collection.
10) Prada Galleria Bag
Though officially called the Galleria by Prada, it is better know as the Saffiano Lux bag, after the leather it is made of, which was first created and patented by Mario Prada, Loved for its roomy interior and simple, available in a variety of sizes, it is suitable-for-work design, it has become a true classic over the last decade.
11) The Chanel Boy Bag
Another bag to consider for investment is the Chanel Boy bag. While the Boy bag is fairly new, introduced in 2011, it is now a mainstay—joining the ranks of the classic flaps and reissue flaps. Chanel products are all crafted with impeccable attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to quality. As such, Chanel has remained a staple in the wardrobes of fashionistas everywhere!
12) Louis Vuitton Speedy
The Speedy is one of the most iconic bags of Louis Vuitton. It’s big enough to carry your daily essentials without overstuffing the bag and you can personalize it with your initials through the brand’s Mon Monogram program.
Has your favourite made the list? Which Bag will you be investing in this year?
We would love to hear from you! Comment below!